The University of Pittsburgh at Titusville has the right to:
- Request and receive, through Disability Resources and Services, current documentation that identifies the existence of a disability and explains the functional limitations of the disability.
- Suggest appropriate and reasonable accommodations, academic adjustments or auxiliary aids and services based upon documentation submitted to the office.
- Establish essential requirements and standards for courses, programs, services or activities at the University of Pittsburgh.
- Select equally effective accommodations, adjustments or auxiliary aids and services.
- Deny an accommodation, adjustment or auxiliary aid that fundamentally alters a course, program or activity.
The University of Pittsburgh at Titusville has the responsibility to:
- Review submitted documentation without bias and seek appropriate relevant professional expertise when necessary.
- Confer with the student and other relevant parties when determining accommodations, academic adjustments or auxiliary aids and services.
- Provide information in accessible formats upon request.
- Respond to requests in a timely basis.
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality of documentation and information.