Staff from Disability Resources and Services will provide general information regarding determination and implementation of accommodations. The faculty chairperson or designated representative of the Department offering the course(s) in which the accommodation is requested may be asked to provide information to the committee.
- The student requests accommodation(s) and provides supporting documentation according to University guidelines to Disability Resources and Services (DRS).
- In instances where there is disagreement concerning the appropriateness of the requested accommodation, the student, instructor teaching the course for which the accommodation has been requested, and the DRS Counselor will make every effort to resolve the disagreement in a timely manner.
- If agreement cannot be reached, the student, instructor, or University administrative staff may file a petition with the chairperson of the Academic Accommodations Review Committee who has responsibility for convening the committee within ten (10) working days of receiving the petition.
- The Committee then reviews the petition and any additional relevant information from University personnel in order to render a decision within ten (10) working days from the date of receiving the petition. This decision is subject to the approval of the President.
- While a petition is under review by the Academic Accommodations Review Committee or the President, the instructor will provide a reasonable accommodation.
The decision of the President is not subject to appeal within the University.