McKinney Commons Dining Hall
Week Day Hours:
- Zone 1: 7:00am-9:00am Breakfast
- Zone 2: 9:00am –11:00am – Continental Breakfast
- Zone 3: 11:00am – 1:00pm – Lunch
- Zone 4: 1:00pm – 4:30pm – 2nd Lunch
- Zone 5: 4:30pm – 6:30pm – Dinner
- Zone 6: 6:30pm – 7:00pm – Snack
- Zone 1: 11:30am – 1:30pm – Brunch
- Zone 2: 1:30pm – 4:30pm – 2nd Brunch
- Zone 3: 4:30pm – 6:30pm – Dinner
- Monday - Thursday: 9:00 a.m. - 10:30 p.m.
- Friday: 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Saturday - Sunday: Closed
All meal plans are served in McKinney Commons Dining Hall. Food service operates during the fall and spring terms on campus. Meal plans are available from the start of orientation in August until the end of finals in the fall term, excluding the time the residence halls are closed for Thanksgiving break. During the spring term, food service operates from when the residence halls open through the end of final exams, excluding spring break.
Meal plans can be changed at the beginning of each term until the end of the drop/add period; they cannot be changed after this date. To change a meal plan, you must complete a Meal Plan Form and return it to the Student Affairs Office (SU 204B) for processing.
All students are encouraged to purchase Flex Dollars which are used just like cash in campus dining operations and for all food and drinks purchases in the Book Center.
Flex dollars are used just like cash for food and beverage purchases. Flex dollars can be used in McKinney Commons for guest meals, as well as Boomer's and the Book Center for a quick bite to supplement your regular meals. If you switch from a meal plan with flex dollars to one without, you will lose your unused flex dollars.
Both campus dining facilities also accept cash and major credit cards for purchases.
All resident students are required to have a meal plan. There are four options for residents to choose from including block plans of 225 or unlimited meals per semester with or without additional flex dollars to the block plan.
- Unlimited: $2613/term
- Unlimited plus 50 flex dollars: $2663/term
- 225 meals per term (15 meals per week): $2204/term
- 225 meals per term plus 100 flex dollars: $2304/term
There are three meal plan options for commuters. Commuters need to request a meal plan in the Student Affairs Office (Student Union 204B).
- 75 meals per term plus 100 flex dollars: $757/term
- 25 meals per term plus 100 flex dollars: $306/term
- 10 meals per term plus 100 flex dollars: $183/term
- Commuter Meal Plan Form
For all catering or special meal needs, contact the dining services manager in the Food Service Office in McKinney Commons.