How to Apply
If you were awarded Federal Work Study (FWS) and would like to pursue a position on campus, below are the necessary steps for all student worker positions.
Once hired, the following steps are required:
- Supervisor will complete a Job Placement Card and forward to the Financial Aid Office for verification of eligibility.
- Student to receive eligibility email from the Financial Aid Office.
- If approved, supervisor are to provide student workers with a new hire packet.
- Previous FWS workers must contact Office of Human Resources, Student Employment (814)-827-4422, prior to working for any department.
- Complete section 1 of the Form I-9 online by using an electronic I-9 service called I–9 Express, a confidential and secure service, as follows:
- Go to http://www.newi9.com.
- Enter the Employer Code: 14726.
- Enter the text in the picture to enter the form.
- Complete the Form I-9.
- Electronically sign the I-9:
- Review the information.
- Click the checkbox to agree to the perjury statement.
- Click continue to complete your electronic signature.
- Print the “Thank You” page as a reminder to bring your original documents with you to your Employment Orientation meeting.
- Close your browser to clear your activity from the browser’s memory.
Eligible students will receive an email from the Office of Human Resources, Student Employment, with information on dates and times for meetings.
- You are required to bring your identification documents listed in the I-9 confirmation section of the online I-9 form to your employment meeting. Section 2 of the I-9 form must will be completed by an authorized University representative.
- Original Social Security card must be presented for payroll purposes.
- A Local Services Tax (LST) of $52 must be withheld in equal amounts of $2.00 from each biweekly pay. Students exempt from this tax MUST complete an Exemption Certificate visit Local Services Tax Form
Pitt-Titusville must receive a copy of the completed certificate with all supporting documents by Friday, September 14, 2018.
- Direct deposit is mandatory. You must bring a VOIDED check or present a form with your banking information, account number and routing number that your bank can provide.
Students are not permitted to work until all employment paperwork has been completed and supervisor is notified by the Office of Human Resources.
- Student hourly wage is currently $8.25 per hour.
- Biweekly payroll, every other Friday.
- Friday, September 21, 2018 (approximately) will be the first pay day for the fall term of the 2018-2019 academic year.
- Direct Deposit is mandatory.
- Pay statements are available online at: www.my.pitt.edu
- log in
2) click on "PRISM"
3) click "PHR Employee Self-Service"
4) click on "Pay Statement"
- log in