According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, 75% of all jobs require training beyond high school.
How are you going to get there? What are your options?
Are you confident? Do you have critical thinking skills? Do you communicate well? Can you problem-solve? If you answered yes to these questions, the Pitt-Titusville Business Information Systems Degree program is for you!
Why does this degree/program matter?
Pitt-Titusville's Associate of Science Degree in Business Information Systems provides a strong foundation in information systems, business concepts, communication skills, and analytical skills that will serve as a solid base for a professional career or for advanced study in business information systems. This program also gives students the opportunity to explore other streams of knowledge to broaden their horizons.
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office products and systems.
- Demonstrate proficiency in managing networks, operating systems, and system hardware and software.
- Describe and discuss fundamental management theories, concepts, methods, and business practices.
- Demonstrate an understanding and basic working knowledge of the theories, concepts, and methods used in management, marketing, finance, business law, and economics.
- Recognize, analyze, and manage ethical dilemmas in business.
What societal need does it fill?
IT workers are also essential to just about every modern business model. If a company relies on phones and emails, chances are that there’s an IT professional behind it all making sure the cogs in the machine function properly.
Is there a demand in this field of study? Explain.
Yes!!! Employment of computer and information technology occupations is projected to grow 12 percent from 2014 to 2024, faster than the average for all occupations. These occupations are expected to add about 488,500 new jobs, from about 3.9 million jobs to about 4.4 million jobs from 2014 to 2024, in part due to a greater emphasis on cloud computing, the collection and storage of big data, more everyday items becoming connected to the Internet in what is commonly referred to as the “Internet of things,” and the continued demand for mobile computing.
What career opportunities are available?
There are opportunities for business information technologists in every field. They work in areas where planning, organizing, leading and controlling are needed. Some examples include:
- Computer user support specialist
- Software applications developer
- Computer systems analyst
- IT Project Manager
Are internship opportunities available?
Yes! Pitt-Titusville encourages students to take advantage of internship opportunities and partners with local businesses in securing these positions.